2. Your privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
During our negotiations with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. This personal information will include any information that allows us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your phone number.
Your personal information will be used in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
- what personal information we collect
- why we collect this information
- how are we going to use this
- for how long we're going to keep it
- who else will have access to that
- how you can contact us
- your rights in relation to the personal information we hold, including your rights to change, delete and access your information.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
3.1 Information we collect when you create an account, either directly on our website or through our telephone sales agents, or when you sign up to receive our marketing communications. When you create an account with us, we will ask for a variety of information, including:
- his first and last name
- your postal address
- your billing address
- your email address
- your phone number
- a password - please keep it safe
- if you would like to receive information about news, events, offers and promotion
- if you are making an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiration date and CVV number or account information for the PayPal.
3.2 Information we collect about how you use our website
When you purchase with us, browse our websites or websites of other organizations where our ads are displayed, we collect:
- information about all devices you have used (including manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type, and mobile device identifiers)
- cookies and information about your browsing and online purchase behavior and history on our websites, your location, your product selection and information about when you click on one of our ads (including those displayed on websites of other organizations)
- information when you write a comment or ask a question or provide an answer through our web chat details of your purchases from us
- photos and videos you've uploaded to our web and mobile platforms
- information about your preferences regarding our site for the purpose of improving and customizing your experience
- information when you "share" information or reviews about products via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media channels.
If you create an account with us, we may link the information collected from you prior to registration and apply it to your registered account or to the future information we collect after registration.
4. Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order online or through our sales agents over the phone, we need your contact and payment information so that we can receive payment and fulfill your order. We also request your contact information, and we need your payment information when you shop offline with us in our store or at events. You may browse our website without providing us with any of this information.
When you want to place an order through the website, we ask you to log in or register so that you can create a customer account, manage your preferences, view your order information, and create wish lists. This information will be available for recovery on any of your devices.
You may also provide us with personal information by registering in the newsletter, questions and comments about products, answers to surveys, or competition registrations.
We will request or collect your information when you visit our store or use our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging.
You do not need to give us permission to use our website.
We ask for your permission to submit promotional and marketing material using your email address so that we can send you newsletters, discount codes, event invitations, special offers, market research and other marketing materials that we believe may be of interest to you.
Even if you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with communications of important services, including communications regarding any orders you submit or products you purchase.
5. How we use your personal information
We are also required by law to establish a "legal basis for processing", that is, to inform you of the reasons why we may use your information. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent to the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
The following are the purposes for which we use your personal information.
To communicate with you about your product order(s) - Our legal basis: contractual need - we use your personal information to fulfill our obligations under our contract with you (e.g. to deliver a product you ordered)
To contact you about leaving a comment about a product or providing feedback after your order is complete - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to contact you so we can ask you for feedback on the product you have requested.
To notify you of changes to our services and otherwise communicate with you. For example, we will use your contact details to answer any questions you send us - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to keep you up to date with information about our services and to answer your questions.
To send you information about products and services, including exclusive offers, discount codes, promotions and information about products and events - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to send this information, but only when we have obtained prior consent.
To review your previous purchases and view history on our website to provide you with special offers or to personalize your online experience - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to provide these offers and to personalize your experience when using our online services.
To help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer. For example, calls to our contact center can be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes. We may also send you market research requests by email (which you can cancel via this email). If you raise a question (e.g. about a product or about our service) while we still keep a recording of your phone call and we can investigate or respond to your query by re-querying this call, we can do so. This may mean that the recording of your call will be retained until your consultation is resolved - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to help us provide the best quality of service for you and our other customers.
To provide, enhance and personalize your experience in our digital services provided on our web and mobile portals - Our legal base: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to provide you with a personalized experience when using our digital services.
To perform security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to protect us from illegal activity. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (for example, to law enforcement agencies).
To resolve any claims made against us - Our legal basis: Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to handle any claim you make against us. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (for example, in relation to legal proceedings).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period during which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
7. With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to perform certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may hire third-party service providers to fulfill orders, deliver packages, send mail, SMS text messages and email, maintain and update our customer detail databases (including the removal of repetitive or incorrect information), analyze data to help develop, provide and improve our services, provide marketing assistance, process payments and refunds, conduct surveys, provide customer service, and handle complaints. These third parties have access to the personal information necessary for the performance of their functions only, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from third parties to supplement, improve and add to our customer detail databases,
- We may share information we hold about you (e.g., your email address and information about your purchases) with third parties who also own your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to identify you and allow us to provide you with relevant online marketing. For example, we may share your information with social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google so they can identify you as our customer and customize the marketing we send to you through their websites, apps and products.
- We may pass your data on to third parties (such as Experian) in order to improve the quality and accuracy of our database by deleting records of deceased persons and changes, to attach marketing information and for solvency and credit score purposes.
- We may pass your data on to third parties for market research purposes and they may contact you to request that you respond to surveys or to conduct surveys on our behalf.
- We may pass personal information to agencies and outside organizations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies can verify the information we provide in public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks for use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with crime prevention and detection.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers if a claim is made or can be made against us.
- If we sell or buy any business or asset, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by third parties, the personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we have a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or to enforce or enforce any agreements we have with you or otherwise with you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates); or to protect our rights with you or otherwise with you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates); or to protect our rights with you or to protect our rights property or security or those of our customers, employees or third parties.
- We may share anonymous or aggregated data (such as aggregate statistics or other anonymous data) with third parties.
Links to external sites
Please note that third-party websites and applications are not under our control. By clicking on these sites or accessing these applications, you leave the area controlled by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for any problems that arise in connection with the use of your data by third parties (including your personal information).
Where will your personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed in one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries that do not offer equivalent protection for personal information. In these circumstances, we will take appropriate action and take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
These measures generally include:
- Transfer personal information to countries that have been deemed to be providing an adequate level of protection of personal information by the European Commission; Or
- Transfer personal information when the recipient has agreed to a data transfer agreement approved by the European Commission in the form of standard contractual clauses.
- From time to time, we may transfer your personal information in circumstances where there are no adequate safeguards where this is permitted by data protection law.
- Please contact us using the details below if you would like more information about the specific safeguards used by us when transferring your personal information outside the EEA.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm the personal information we have about you and provide a copy of this data
- Correct any personal information that is inaccurate
- Remove your personal information when there is no good reason for us to continue to keep this data
- Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use this data
- Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to maintain this data, for example, to support a product warranty
- Stop using your personal information to send marketing materials such as our newsletter, marketing email, special offers, or discount codes.
- Provide the personal information you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company, if this is technically feasible. This applies when we use your personal information based on your consent or because you need to perform a contract with you (see How we use your personal information, above).
- Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we can disclose your personal information to you or respond to other requests. We want to make sure that the personal information we keep about you and your preferences regarding how we contact you is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will correct them.
09. Protecting Your Personal Information
The transmission of information over the Internet is not entirely secure; this risk is common across the Internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important that you protect yourself from unauthorized access to your password and computing device. Be sure to disconnect and close the browser when you sign out. This will help ensure that others don't access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place, such as a library or internet café.
10. Updates to this policy
We can update this policy from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.